Canadian Aviation Regulations (SOR/96-433)
- HTMLFull Document: Canadian Aviation Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Canadian Aviation Regulations [4099 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Canadian Aviation Regulations [6753 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-12-21. Previous Versions
Part VI — General Operating and Flight Rules (continued)
Subpart 5 — Aircraft Requirements (continued)
Division IV — Technical Records (continued)
Journey Log — Carrying on Board
605.95 (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall conduct a take-off in an aircraft unless the journey log is on board the aircraft.
(2) A person may conduct a take-off in an aircraft without carrying the journey log on board where
(a) it is not planned that the aircraft will land and shut down at any location other than the point of departure; or
(b) the aircraft is a balloon and the journey log is immediately available to the pilot-in-command
(i) prior to commencing a flight, and
(ii) on completion of the flight.
Requirements for Technical Records Other Than the Journey Log
605.96 (1) The particulars set out in column I of an item in Schedule II to this Division shall be recorded in the appropriate technical record at the time set out in column II of the item and by the person responsible for making entries set out in column III of that item.
(2) Where particulars of any maintenance performed on an aircraft are transferred from the journey log at the time set out in column II of item 4 of Schedule II to this Division, the person responsible for the entry shall
(a) transcribe the particulars and include the name and identification number of the person who made the original entry; or
(b) where the pages of the journey log have detachable copies, attach the copy of the page containing these particulars to the applicable technical record.
(3) Where a component is installed on a higher assembly, the technical record for that component shall become a part of the technical record for the higher assembly.
(4) Except in the case of the journey log, the owner of an aircraft shall retain each technical record for the applicable period set out in the Aircraft Equipment and Maintenance Standards.
Transfer of Records
605.97 Every owner of an aircraft who transfers title of an aircraft, airframe, engine, propeller or appliance to another person shall, at the time of transfer, also deliver to that person all of the technical records that relate to that aeronautical product.
- Date modified: