Part VI — General Operating and Flight Rules (continued)
Subpart 5 — Aircraft Requirements (continued)
Division IV — Technical Records (continued)
Journey Log Requirements
605.94 (1) The particulars set out in column I of an item in Schedule I to this Division shall be recorded in the journey log at the time set out in column II of the item and by the person responsible for making entries set out in column III of that item.
(2) No person shall make a single entry in a journey log in respect of a series of flights unless
(3) The owner of an aircraft shall retain every entry in a journey log for a period of not less than one year.
(4) Unless recorded in the operational flight plan or operational flight data sheet, the pilot-in-command of an aircraft engaged in a commercial air service and operating in international flight shall record in the journey log the following particulars in respect of each flight:
- SOR/2006-77, s. 23
Journey Log — Carrying on Board
(2) A person may conduct a take-off in an aircraft without carrying the journey log on board where
Requirements for Technical Records Other Than the Journey Log
605.96 (1) The particulars set out in column I of an item in Schedule II to this Division shall be recorded in the appropriate technical record at the time set out in column II of the item and by the person responsible for making entries set out in column III of that item.
(2) Where particulars of any maintenance performed on an aircraft are transferred from the journey log at the time set out in column II of item 4 of Schedule II to this Division, the person responsible for the entry shall
(3) Where a component is installed on a higher assembly, the technical record for that component shall become a part of the technical record for the higher assembly.
(4) Except in the case of the journey log, the owner of an aircraft shall retain each technical record for the applicable period set out in the Aircraft Equipment and Maintenance Standards.
Transfer of Records
605.97 Every owner of an aircraft who transfers title of an aircraft, airframe, engine, propeller or appliance to another person shall, at the time of transfer, also deliver to that person all of the technical records that relate to that aeronautical product.
- Date modified: