Canada Industrial Relations Board Regulations, 2012
12.1 (1) Any person who wishes to apply for intervenor status must make a request to intervene in writing that includes
(a) the name, postal and email addresses and telephone and fax numbers of the person and of their legal counsel or representative;
(b) a description of the person’s interest in the matter including, an explanation of any prejudice that the person would suffer if the intervention were denied and an explanation as to whether their interest is different from that of any other party; and
(c) an indication as to how the intervention will assist the Board in furthering the objectives of the Code.
(2) Subject to section 16, a request to intervene must be filed
(a) in the case of an application for certification, within 10 days of the receipt of notice of the application; and
(b) in the case of any other application, within 15 days of the receipt of notice of the application.
(3) A response to a request to intervene must be filed within 10 days of the receipt of the request.
(4) A reply must be filed within 5 days of the filing of the response.
(5) If the request to intervene is granted, the intervenor must file with the Board written submissions on the merits of the case within 10 days of the notification that the request to intervene has been granted including
(a) the Board’s file number for the relevant application;
(b) full particulars of the facts, relevant dates and grounds for the submissions;
(c) a copy of supporting documents for the submissions;
(d) the intervenor’s position relating to any order or decision sought;
(e) an indication as to whether a hearing is being requested and, if so, the reasons for the request; and
(f) a description of the order or decision sought.
(6) A response to the intervenor’s submissions on the merits of the case must be filed within 10 days of the filing of the submissions.
(7) A reply by the intervenor must be filed within 5 days of the filing of the response.
(8) A request for any extension of time for filing a document under this section must be made in writing to the Board and set out the grounds for the requested extension.
- SOR/2011-109, s. 5
- SOR/2012-305, s. 6
- Date modified: