Organization of Agency (continued)
13 [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1714]
14 The President may be reappointed for a further term.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 14
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1714
15 The President shall be paid any remuneration that may be fixed by the Governor in Council.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 15
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1714
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Agency may appoint and employ astronauts in positions in the Agency and may, with the approval of the Governor in Council, establish the terms and conditions, including remuneration, of their employment.
Marginal note:Act not applicable
Marginal note:Acts and regulations applicable
(4) Each person employed in the Agency pursuant to subsection (2) is deemed to be an employee for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act, to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of any regulations made pursuant to section 9 of the Aeronautics Act, and to be employed in the public service for the purposes of the Public Service Superannuation Act.
- 1990, c. 13, s. 16
- 2003, c. 22, ss. 147, 223(E), 235
- 2017, c. 9, s. 55
Marginal note:Principal office
17 The principal office of the Agency shall be in the greater Montreal area.
Marginal note:Contracts binding on Her Majesty
18 (1) Every contract, memorandum of understanding and arrangement entered into by the Agency in its own name is binding on Her Majesty in right of Canada to the same extent as it is binding on the Agency.
Marginal note:Legal proceedings
(2) Actions, suits or other legal proceedings in respect of any right or obligation acquired or incurred by the Agency, whether in its own name or in the name of Her Majesty in right of Canada, may be brought or taken by or against the Agency in the name of the Agency in any court that would have jurisdiction if the Agency were a corporation that is not an agent of Her Majesty.
19 [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1715]
20 [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1715]
21 [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1715]
22 [Repealed, 2010, c. 12, s. 1715]
Marginal note:Annual report
23 The President shall, within four months after the end of each fiscal year, submit an annual report on the operations of the Agency in that year to the Minister, and the Minister shall cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of Parliament on any of the first fifteen days on which that House is sitting after the Minister receives it.
24 to 27 [Amendments]
Marginal note:Deemed appointment
28 (1) Where a position in the public service of Canada is transferred to the Agency within ninety days after the day on which this Act comes into force, the incumbent of the position continues in the position in the Agency, unless the incumbent otherwise elects prior to the transfer, and any person so continuing is deemed to have been appointed to the Agency in accordance with subsection 16(1).
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) and section 28 of the Public Service Employment Act, no person deemed by that subsection to have been appointed is subject to probation, unless the person was subject to probation immediately before the appointment, and any person who was so subject to probation continues to be subject thereto only for so long as would have been the case but for this section.
Coming into Force
Marginal note:Coming into force
Return to footnote *[Note: Act in force December 14, 1990, see SI/91-5.]
- Date modified: