Marginal note:Designation of inspectors
10. (1) The Minister may designate persons or classes of persons whom the Minister considers qualified to act as inspectors for any of the purposes of this Act, and may revoke such a designation.
Marginal note:Certificate of designation
(2) The Minister shall give every inspector a certificate of designation showing the matters in respect of which the inspector is designated, including the purposes, classes of dangerous goods, means of containment, means of transport and places for which the inspector is designated.
Marginal note:Certificate to be shown
(3) On entering any place or inspecting anything, an inspector shall show the certificate to the person in charge of the place or thing if the person requests proof of the inspector’s designation.
- 1992, c. 34, s. 10;
- 2009, c. 9, s. 10.
11. [Repealed, 2009, c. 9, s. 11]
12. [Repealed, 2009, c. 9, s. 11]
Marginal note:Obstruction of inspectors
13. (1) When an inspector is exercising powers or carrying out duties and functions under this Act, no person shall
(a) fail to comply with any reasonable request of the inspector;
(b) knowingly make any false or misleading statement either orally or in writing to the inspector;
(c) except with the authority of the inspector, remove, alter or interfere in any way with anything detained or removed by or under the direction of the inspector; or
(d) otherwise obstruct or hinder the inspector.
Marginal note:Obstruction of qualified person
(2) When a qualified person is exercising powers under subsection 15(3), no person shall
(a) fail to comply with any reasonable request of the qualified person;
(b) knowingly make any false or misleading statement either orally or in writing to the qualified person; or
(c) otherwise obstruct or hinder the qualified person.
- 1992, c. 34, s. 13;
- 2009, c. 9, s. 12.
Marginal note:Financial responsibility
14. (1) No person shall import, offer for transport, handle or transport dangerous goods, or manufacture or import standardized means of containment, unless the person is financially responsible in accordance with the regulations.
Marginal note:Proof of financial responsibility
(2) A person who carries on any of those activities shall provide to an inspector on request the proof that is required under the regulations of financial responsibility.
(3) This section does not apply to Her Majesty in right of Canada or a province or to the entities named in Schedules II and III to the Financial Administration Act.
- 1992, c. 34, s. 14;
- 2009, c. 9, s. 13.
- Date modified: