Canadian Aviation Regulations
305.45 (1) The operator of a heliport shall develop and have available a heliport emergency response plan at the heliport.
(2) The operator of a heliport shall identify in the emergency response plan those organizations that are capable of providing assistance in responding to an emergency at the heliport or in its vicinity.
(3) The operator of a heliport shall specify in the emergency response plan the procedures to be followed for
(a) an aircraft crash or other accident within the heliport perimeter;
(b) an aircraft crash outside the heliport perimeter; and
(c) any medical emergency.
(4) Where an approach and departure path at a heliport is located over water, the operator of the heliport shall specify in the emergency response plan
(a) the organization that is responsible for co-ordinating rescue in the event of an aircraft ditching; and
(b) how to contact that organization.
(5) The operator of a heliport shall include in the emergency response plan the information required in accordance with standard 325 — Heliport Standards.
(6) The operator of a heliport shall consult with all organizations identified in the emergency response plan concerning their role in it.
(7) The operator of a heliport shall annually review the emergency response plan and update the information.
(8) The operator of a heliport that provides a scheduled service for the transport of passengers shall carry out a test of the emergency response plan at intervals not exceeding three years.
- SOR/2007-87, s. 8
- Date modified: