Canadian Aviation Regulations
305.08 (1) An applicant for a heliport certificate shall, with their application, submit to the Minister for approval a copy of a proposed heliport emergency response plan and a copy of a proposed heliport operations manual that describes
(a) the manner in which the heliport meets the certification requirements set out in these Regulations; and
(b) the physical characteristics of the heliport.
(2) The applicant shall include in the application
(a) the heliport classification; and
(b) proof that the applicant has consulted with the relevant local government authority relating to the proposed heliport and adjacent land.
(3) The Minister shall issue a heliport certificate to the applicant authorizing them to operate an aerodrome as a heliport if
(a) the proposed heliport operations manual is approved by the Minister in accordance with subsection (5) and the applicant demonstrates to the Minister the ability to
(i) maintain an organizational structure in accordance with the requirements of the heliport operations manual, and
(ii) meet the operational requirements set out in their heliport operations manual; and
(b) the proposed heliport emergency response plan meets the applicable requirements of section 305.45.
(4) For the purposes of subsection (3), the applicant shall have
(a) an organization capable of exercising heliport operational management; and
(b) operational support services and equipment that meet the requirements set out in their heliport operations manual.
(5) The Minister shall approve the proposed heliport operations manual if it
(a) accurately describes the physical characteristics of the heliport; and
(b) meets the certification requirements set out in these Regulations.
(6) If a heliport does not meet a certification requirement set out in these Regulations, the Minister may specify replacement conditions to be included in the heliport operations manual that relate to the same subject matter as the unmet requirement and that are necessary to ensure an equivalent level of safety.
- SOR/2007-87, s. 8
- SOR/2015-160, s. 11(F)
- SOR/2022-267, s. 13
- Date modified: