Explosives Regulations, 2013
Marginal note:Use at client site
99 (1) A mobile process unit may be used to Footnote *manufacture Footnote *explosives at a client site, but only if the unit and the site are both specified in the division 1 factory licence or satellite site certificate.
Marginal note:Manufacturing operations
(2) All manufacturing operations at a client site must be carried out by a competent person.
(3) Before manufacturing operations begin, every one at the client site must be informed of the precautions that must be taken while dewatering, driving over loaded boreholes, handling charging hose and carrying out charging operations.
(4) Any thing or activity that could increase the likelihood of an accidental ignition must not be allowed within 15 m of a mobile process unit and its charging hose.
Marginal note:Performance-diminishing substance
(5) A person must not be permitted to be within 15 m of a mobile process unit and its charging hose while the unit is operating if there are reasonable grounds to believe that the person is under the influence of or is carrying alcohol or another performance-diminishing substance. A person who has taken a prescription drug may be permitted to enter the area if they have medical proof that the drug is needed and will not impede their ability to function safely.
Marginal note:No smoking
(6) A person must not be permitted to smoke within 15 m of a mobile process unit and its charging hose.
(7) On the approach of a thunderstorm, if a mobile process unit is at the surface at a client site, all manufacturing operations in the unit must be shut down and all people in the vicinity of the unit must be immediately moved to a safe place. Until the storm passes, the operations must remain shut down and the people must not be permitted to return to the vicinity of the unit.
Return to footnote *Terms preceded by an asterisk are defined in section 6.
- Date modified: