Explosives Regulations, 2013
65 (1) All raw material, Footnote *explosive substances and Footnote *explosives waste must be kept in closed containers that prevent spills and contamination. The contents of each container must be clearly identified on a label attached to the container.
(2) Any spill of explosives, raw material or other material must be cleaned up as soon as the circumstances permit so as to eliminate any possibility of an ignition.
Marginal note:Foreign matter
(3) If the likelihood of an ignition could be increased as a result of foreign matter (for example, bolts, gravel or grit) being present in or mixed with any raw material, or explosive used as raw material, the material must be carefully examined and passed through a sieve or treated to remove or exclude the foreign matter before manufacturing operations begin.
Marginal note:Removal of explosives from process unit
(4) All explosives and raw material must be removed from a process unit as soon as the circumstances permit after manufacturing operations are completed, unless the division 1 factory licence or satellite site certificate authorizes storage of the explosives or raw material in the unit.
Marginal note:Removal of explosives from transport unit
(5) All explosives and raw material must be removed from a transport unit as soon as the circumstances permit after their transport is completed. A transport unit that contains explosives must be Footnote *attended in person. However, it may be left unattended during a thunderstorm.
Marginal note:Destruction of waste and contaminated material
(6) All explosives waste and explosives-contaminated material must be destroyed in a manner that does not increase the likelihood of an accidental ignition during or after the destruction.
(7) Any building or equipment that is no longer being used to manufacture explosives must be Footnote *decontaminated as soon as the circumstances permit. The building or equipment must be inspected by a supervisor to verify that it no longer contains any explosives.
Return to footnote *Terms preceded by an asterisk are defined in section 6.
- Date modified: