Explosives Regulations, 2013
64 (1) All tools, accessories and equipment that are in a process unit, factory magazine, raw material storage facility or transport unit must be designed, constructed and installed to conform to good engineering practices.
(2) Every thing that is in a process unit, factory magazine, raw material storage facility or transport unit must be made from materials that are Footnote *compatible with the Footnote *explosives and raw material in the unit, magazine or facility.
Marginal note:Incompatible things
(3) However, a thing that is not compatible with an explosive or raw material in a process unit, factory magazine or raw material storage facility but is required for manufacturing or maintenance (such as a cleaning fluid or solvent) may be brought into the unit, magazine or facility for immediate use. It must be removed as soon as the circumstances permit after its use unless the division 1 factory licence or satellite site certificate authorizes its storage in the unit, magazine or facility.
Marginal note:Control of safety-critical parameters
(4) All equipment designed to control safety-critical parameters on pumps, and on other process equipment that puts energy into explosives, must be installed and maintained in good condition so that the equipment operates while the pumps and process equipment are in use.
Marginal note:Motorized transport units
(5) A motorized transport unit that contains explosives must be equipped with two easily accessible fire extinguishers, each with a rating of at least 4-A :40-B:C.
Marginal note:Open-flame device
(6) An open-flame device, an open-element electrical appliance or a device (for example, a heat sealer) with a surface temperature above the decomposition temperature of the explosives or raw material with which it may come in contact must not be stored in a process unit unless the division 1 factory licence or satellite site certificate authorizes one to be stored in the unit.
Return to footnote *Terms preceded by an asterisk are defined in section 6.
- Date modified: