Explosives Regulations, 2013
Marginal note:Firing unit disconnected
437 (1) The firing unit must be disconnected immediately after the fireworks display as well as during a pause in the display if keeping the unit connected could increase the likelihood of harm to people or property. When a unit is disconnected, any physical keying device must be removed and kept in the possession of the display supervisor in charge or a person designated by the display supervisor in charge.
Marginal note:Electrical firing
(2) The firing site must not be approached until 30 minutes after the display has ended if any fireworks used in the display were fired with an electric match.
Marginal note:Manual firing
(3) Misfired fireworks must not be approached until 30 minutes after the display has ended if the fireworks used in the display were manually fired.
(4) Precautions must be taken that minimize the likelihood of harm to people and property from misfired fireworks.
(5) As soon as the circumstances permit after the periods referred to in subsections (2) and (3), the fallout zone must be searched and all Footnote *explosives must be removed.
(6) After the display, only people designated to do a search by the display supervisor in charge may enter or be in the fallout zone until the display supervisor in charge declares the zone to be free of explosives.
Marginal note:Second search
(7) The fallout zone must be searched more thoroughly as soon as light and weather conditions permit.
Return to footnote *Terms preceded by an asterisk are defined in section 6.
- SOR/2016-75, s. 36(E)
- Date modified: