Explosives Regulations, 2013
Marginal note:Decommissioning plan — factory
169 (1) Before decommissioning a factory, a holder of a division 1 factory licence must send a written decommissioning plan to the Minister.
Marginal note:Decommissioning plan — magazine
(2) Before decommissioning a workplace or magazine, a holder of a division 2 factory licence, a magazine licence or a manufacturing certificate must send a written decomissioning plan to the Minister if the workplace or magazine contains any Footnote *explosive residue.
Marginal note:Contents of plan
(3) A decommissioning plan must include a description of the safety measures that the holder will take to minimize the likelihood of harm to people or property during and after the decommissioning.
Marginal note:Additional safety measures
(4) The Minister may require the holder to implement additional safety measures that are necessary to minimize the likelihood of harm to people or property.
Marginal note:Responsibility of holder
(5) The holder must implement the decommissioning plan and ensure that the factory, workplace or magazine is decommissioned in a safe manner and that any possibility of harm to people or property is eliminated after the factory or magazine is decommissioned. They must inform the Minister when the decommissioning is complete.
Return to footnote *Terms preceded by an asterisk are defined in section 6.
- SOR/2016-75, ss. 38, 44(F)
- Date modified: