Explosives Regulations, 2013
Marginal note:Activities prohibited
Marginal note:Competent person
(2) All manufacturing operations at the workplace must be carried out by a competent person.
Marginal note:Condition of workplace
(3) The workplace must be kept clean, dry and organized. Any spill of explosives, raw material or other material must be cleaned up as soon as the circumstances permit to eliminate any possibility of an ignition.
Marginal note:Foreign matter
(4) If the likelihood of an ignition could be increased as a result of foreign matter (for example, bolts, gravel or grit) being present in or mixed with any raw material, or explosive used as raw material, the material must be carefully examined and passed through a sieve or treated to remove or exclude the foreign matter before manufacturing begins.
(5) All raw material, Footnote *explosive substances and explosives waste must be kept in closed containers that prevent spills and contamination. The contents of each container must be clearly identified on a label attached to the container.
Marginal note:Disposal of waste and contaminated material
(6) All explosives waste and explosives-contaminated material must be destroyed in a manner that does not increase the likelihood of an accidental ignition during or after the destruction.
Marginal note:Removal of explosives
(7) Unless the division 2 factory licence or manufacturing certificate provides otherwise, explosives must be removed as soon as the circumstances permit after they are manufactured from the part of the workplace where they were manufactured to the part of the workplace where they will be stored.
(8) A workplace that is no longer being used to manufacture explosives must be Footnote *decontaminated as soon as the circumstances permit. Contaminated equipment at the workplace must be decontaminated before it is removed.
(9) On the approach of a thunderstorm, all manufacturing operations in the workplace must be shut down and all people in the workplace must be immediately moved to a safe place. Until the storm passes, the operations must remain shut down and the people must not be permitted to return.
Return to footnote *Terms preceded by an asterisk are defined in section 6.
- Date modified: