Status of the Artist Act (S.C. 1992, c. 33)
- HTMLFull Document: Status of the Artist Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Status of the Artist Act [128 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Status of the Artist Act [486 KB]
Act current to 2023-03-20 and last amended on 2017-06-19. Previous Versions
— 2012, c. 19, s. 564
564 The following definitions apply in sections 565 to 570.
Board means the Canada Industrial Relations Board established by section 9 of the Canada Labour Code. (Conseil)
Tribunal means the Canadian Artists and Producers Professional Relations Tribunal established by subsection 10(1) of the Status of the Artist Act, as that Act read immediately before the coming into force of this section. (Tribunal)
— 2012, c. 19, s. 565
565 (1) Members of the Tribunal cease to hold office on the coming into force of this subsection.
(2) Despite the provisions of any contract, agreement or order, no person appointed to hold office as a member of the Tribunal has any right to claim or receive any compensation, damages, indemnity or other form of relief from Her Majesty in right of Canada or from any employee or agent of Her Majesty for ceasing to hold that office or for the abolition of that office by the operation of this Division.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 566
Continuation of proceedings
566 Every proceeding commenced under the Status of the Artist Act before the coming into force of this section is to be taken up and continued under and in conformity with that Act, as it is amended by this Act.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 567
Review of Tribunal’s determination or order
567 The Board may uphold, rescind or amend any determination or order made by the Tribunal.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 568
Powers and duties
568 (1) Any power or duty that is vested in or is exercisable by the Tribunal under a contract, lease, licence, deed, agreement or other document is vested in or is exercisable by the Board.
(2) Every reference to the Tribunal in any contract, lease, licence, deed, agreement or other document executed by the Tribunal in its own name shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be read as a reference to the Board.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 569
Commencement of legal proceedings
569 Any action, suit or other legal proceeding in respect of an obligation or liability incurred by the Tribunal may be brought against the Board in any court that would have had jurisdiction if the action, suit or other legal proceeding had been brought against the Tribunal.
— 2012, c. 19, s. 570
Continuation of legal proceedings
570 Any action, suit or other legal proceeding to which the Tribunal is a party that is pending in any court immediately before the day on which this section comes into force may be continued by or against the Board in the same manner and to the same extent as it could have been continued by or against the Tribunal.
Table of Contents
- Date modified: