Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Reference to Committee
33 (1) Before the Commissioner considers a grievance of a type prescribed pursuant to subsection (4), the Commissioner shall refer the grievance to the Committee.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1), a member presenting a grievance to the Commissioner may request the Commissioner not to refer the grievance to the Committee and, on such a request, the Commissioner may either not refer the grievance to the Committee or, if the Commissioner considers that a reference to the Committee is appropriate notwithstanding the request, refer the grievance to the Committee.
Marginal note:Material to be furnished to Committee
(3) Where the Commissioner refers a grievance to the Committee pursuant to this section, the Commissioner shall furnish the Committee Chairman with a copy of
(a) the written submissions made at each level in the grievance process by the member presenting the grievance;
(b) the decisions rendered at each level in the grievance process in respect of the grievance; and
(c) the written or documentary information under the control of the Force and relevant to the grievance.
Marginal note:Grievances referable to Committee
(4) The Governor in Council may make regulations prescribing for the purposes of subsection (1) the types of grievances that are to be referred to the Committee.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 33
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- Date modified: