Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Final level in grievance process
32 (1) The Commissioner constitutes the final level in the grievance process and the Commissioner’s decision in respect of any grievance is final and binding.
Marginal note:Commissioner not bound
(2) The Commissioner is not bound to act on any findings or recommendations set out in a report with respect to a grievance referred to the Committee under section 33, but if the Commissioner does not so act, the Commissioner shall include in the decision on the disposition of the grievance the reasons for not so acting.
Marginal note:Rescission or amendment of decision
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the Commissioner may rescind or amend the Commissioner’s decision in respect of a grievance under this Part on the presentation to the Commissioner of new facts or where, with respect to the finding of any fact or the interpretation of any law, the Commissioner determines that an error was made in reaching the decision.
(4) The Commissioner may delegate to any person under the Commissioner’s jurisdiction any of the Commissioner’s powers, duties or functions under this section or section 33.
(5) A person to whom any powers, duties or functions are delegated under subsection (4) may not sub-delegate any of them.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 32
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- 1990, c. 8, s. 65
- 2002, c. 8, s. 182
- 2013, c. 18, s. 22
- Date modified: