Pension Benefits Standards Act, 1985
Marginal note:Duty of administrator to file documents
10 (1) The administrator of a pension plan shall file with the Superintendent, within sixty days after the plan is established,
(a) a copy of the plan;
(b) a copy of every document that creates or supports the plan or the pension fund; and
(c) a declaration (in the form, if any, specified by the Superintendent) signed by the administrator that the plan complies with this Act and the regulations.
Marginal note:Registration of pension plan
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the Superintendent shall register a pension plan and issue a certificate of registration in respect of the plan if the administrator has filed the documents under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Refusal to register
(3) The Superintendent may refuse to register a pension plan if the plan does not comply with this Act or the regulations.
(4) If the Superintendent refuses to register a pension plan, the Superintendent shall notify the administrator of the particulars of the non-compliance.
Marginal note:Administration of plan prohibited
(5) An administrator shall not administer a pension plan before complying with subsection (1) and shall, while the plan remains in force, ensure that it complies with this Act and the regulations.
Marginal note:Treatment of surplus
(6) Every pension plan that is filed for registration must provide for the use of surplus during the continuation of the plan and on its termination.
- R.S., 1985, c. 32 (2nd Supp.), s. 10
- 1998, c. 12, s. 10
- Date modified: