34 (1) An Authority shall publish in the Canada Gazette a copy of each tariff of pilotage charges that it proposes to prescribe pursuant to section 33, and no tariff shall come into force before the expiration of thirty days after that publication.
Marginal note:Notice of objection to Canadian Transportation Agency
(2) Any interested person who has reason to believe that any charge in a proposed tariff of pilotage charges is prejudicial to the public interest, including, without limiting the generality thereof, the public interest that is consistent with the national transportation policy set out in section 5 of the Canada Transportation Act, may file a notice of objection setting out the grounds therefor with the Canadian Transportation Agency within thirty days after publication of the proposed tariff in the Canada Gazette.
Marginal note:Copies to be filed
(3) On the filing of a notice of objection with the Canadian Transportation Agency, a copy thereof shall be filed with the Authority and the Minister forthwith.
Marginal note:Investigation by Canadian Transportation Agency
(4) Where a notice of objection is filed pursuant to subsection (2), the Canadian Transportation Agency shall make such investigation of the proposed charge set out in the notice of objection, including the holding of public hearings, as in its opinion is necessary or desirable in the public interest.
- R.S., 1985, c. P-14, s. 34
- R.S., 1985, c. 28 (3rd Supp.), ss. 307, 359
- 1996, c. 10, s. 251
- 1998, c. 10, s. 150
- Date modified: