Canadian Navigable Waters Act
Marginal note:Notice and indication of obstruction
15 (1) The person in charge of an obstruction in a navigable water — other than a minor water — listed in the schedule shall
(a) immediately give notice of the existence of the obstruction to the Minister, in the form and manner, and including the information, specified by the Minister; and
(b) place and, as long as the obstruction is present, maintain, by day, a sufficient signal and, by night, a sufficient light, to indicate the position of the obstruction.
Marginal note:Failure to signal and light rectifiable by Minister
(2) The Minister may cause the signal and light to be placed and maintained if the person in charge of the obstruction fails to do so.
Marginal note:Removal of obstruction
(3) Unless otherwise ordered by the Minister, the person in charge of the obstruction shall immediately begin its removal and shall carry on the removal diligently to completion.
Marginal note:Failure to remove obstruction rectifiable by Minister
(4) The Minister may cause the obstruction to be removed or destroyed if the person in charge of the obstruction fails to remove the obstruction.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-22, s. 15
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (2nd Supp.), s. 213
- 2009, c. 2, s. 331
- 2012, c. 31, s. 318
- Date modified: