National Housing Act
Marginal note:Obligation to retain information, books and records
21.1 (1) The Corporation shall keep and retain books and records, and retain information, in respect of its activities under this Part and Part I.1, including any books, records or information that are prescribed by regulation.
Marginal note:Obligation to provide information or copies
(2) At the request of the Minister of Finance, the Corporation shall, without delay, provide that Minister with any information or copies of any books or records that it is required to retain.
Marginal note:Power to disclose
(3) The Minister of Finance may disclose to the Superintendent, the Governor of the Bank of Canada, the Chairperson of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation and the Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada any information or copies of any books or records received under subsection (2).
Marginal note:Public information
(4) The Corporation shall make available to the public the books, records and information that are prescribed by regulation.
(5) The Governor in Council may, on the Minister of Finance’s recommendation, make regulations respecting the manner in which books and records are to be kept and retained, the manner in which information is to be retained and the manner in which books, records and information are to be made available to the public.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (1st Supp.), s. 1, c. 25 (4th Supp.), s. 17(E)
- 1999, c. 27, s. 3
- 2011, c. 15, s. 24
- 2012, c. 19, s. 358
- Date modified: