Income Tax Act
Marginal note:Fiscal period of business disposed of by individual
25 (1) Where an individual was the proprietor of a business and disposed of it during a fiscal period of the business, the fiscal period may, if the individual so elects and subsection 249.1(4) does not apply in respect of the business, be deemed to have ended at the time it would have ended if the individual had not disposed of the business during the fiscal period.
(2) An election under subsection 25(1) is not valid unless the individual, at the time when the fiscal period of the business would, if the election were valid, be deemed to have ended, is resident in Canada.
Marginal note:Dispositions in extended fiscal period
(3) If subsection (1) applies in respect of a fiscal period of a business of an individual, for the purpose of computing the individual’s income for the fiscal period, section 13 is to be read without reference to its subsection (8).
- [NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations.]
- R.S., 1985, c. 1 (5th Supp.), s. 25
- 1996, c. 21, s. 7
- 2016, c. 12, s. 9
- Date modified: