Hazardous Products Act
Marginal note:Establishment of Board
9 (1) On receipt of a request described in section 8, the Minister shall establish a board of review, in this section referred to as the “Board”, consisting of not more than three persons and shall refer the order in respect of which the request was made to the Board.
(2) The Board shall inquire into the nature and characteristics of any product, material or substance to which an order referred to it under subsection (1) applies and shall give the person making the request and any other person affected by the order a reasonable opportunity of appearing before the Board, presenting evidence and making representations to it.
(3) The Board has all the powers that are or may be conferred by or under sections 4, 5 and 11 of the Inquiries Act on commissioners appointed under Part I of that Act.
(4) The Board, as soon as possible after the conclusion of its inquiry, shall submit a report with its recommendations to the Minister, together with all evidence and other material that was before the Board.
Marginal note:Publication of report
(5) Any report of the Board shall, within thirty days after its receipt by the Minister, be made public by the Minister, unless the Board states in writing to the Minister that it believes the public interest would be better served by withholding publication, in which case the Minister may decide whether the report, either in whole or in part, shall be made public.
Marginal note:Copies of report
(6) The Minister may publish and supply copies of a report referred to in subsection (4) in such manner and on such terms as the Minister deems proper.
- R.S., 1985, c. H-3, s. 9
- R.S., 1985, c. 24 (3rd Supp.), s. 1
- Date modified: