Energy Administration Act
36 (1) In this Part,
consumption means, in relation to gas, the action of using it as a fuel or energy source or consuming it in the manufacture of products of trade and commerce; (consommation)
- offshore area
offshore area has the same meaning as in section 20; (zone extracôtière)
- prescribed price
prescribed price means, in relation to any kind of gas, a price that is prescribed by regulation under this Part for that kind of gas; (prix imposé)
price means the value in money for a quantity of gas; (prix)
producer-province means a province in which the quantities of gas ordinarily produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured in that province in a month are such that a significant quantity of that gas is normally available for use outside that province in each month; (province pétrolière)
- province of production
province of production means, in relation to any quantity of gas, the producer-province in which it was produced, extracted, recovered or manufactured. (province d’origine)
Marginal note:Method of prescribing price
(2) A regulation made by the Governor in Council that prescribes a price at which a kind of gas is to be sold on or for delivery may
(a) fix a price for that gas;
(b) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be all the prices that are within a range of prices set out in the regulation;
(c) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be all the prices that do not exceed a maximum price set out in the regulation;
(d) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be a price that is determinable by reference to criteria or published information identified by the regulation; or
(e) designate the prescribed price for that gas to be a price that is established or calculable under a contract for the sale of the gas referred to in the regulation and that is on file with the Board.
Marginal note:Effect of regulation prescribing price
(3) A regulation referred to in subsection (2) may be conditional or unconditional, qualified or unqualified and may be general or restricted to a specific area, person, thing or kind or quantity of gas or to a group or class of persons, things, kinds or quantities.
Marginal note:References in regulations
(4) A reference in a regulation made under paragraph (2)(d) to criteria or published information shall, unless the regulation provides otherwise, be deemed to be a reference to the criteria or published information, as it is updated or published from time to time.
Marginal note:Confidential contract price
(5) A regulation made under paragraph (2)(e) need not specify the price that is established or calculable under a confidential contract between the parties thereto but need only identify the parties and the date of the contract.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-6, s. 36
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (2nd Supp.), s. 1
- Date modified: