Export Development Act
Marginal note:Authorization of the Minister
23 (1) Where the Corporation advises the Minister that it will not, without an authorization made pursuant to this section, enter into any transaction or class of transactions that it has the power to enter into under paragraphs 10(1.1)(a) to (e) or (i) to (k) and the Minister is of the opinion that it is in the national interest that the Corporation enter into any such transaction or class of transactions, the Minister, with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance, may authorize the Corporation to do so.
Marginal note:Amendment without authorization
(2) The Corporation may amend any agreement entered into pursuant to an authorization of the Minister made under subsection (1), without further authorization of the Minister, if the amendment in no way results in the agreement being inconsistent with the Minister’s authorization.
Marginal note:Moneys required to discharge obligations to be paid out of C.R.F.
(3) All moneys required by the Corporation to discharge its obligations under any transaction entered into under this section shall be paid to the Corporation by the Minister of Finance out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
Marginal note:Separate account
(4) The Corporation shall maintain a separate account of all moneys received by way of receipts and recoveries, and of all disbursements made, in connection with all transactions entered into under this section and shall, subject to subsections (5) and (6), pay to the Receiver General all such receipts and recoveries.
Marginal note:Expenses and overhead
(5) The Minister of Finance may authorize the Corporation to retain from any receipts and recoveries described in subsection (4) such part thereof as the Minister of Finance considers to be required to meet the expenses and overhead of the Corporation arising out of transactions described in that subsection.
Marginal note:Financial management
(6) The Minister, with the concurrence of the Minister of Finance, may authorize the Corporation to make any investment or enter into any transaction or any class of transactions — including the forgiveness in whole or in part of any debt or obligation — that is necessary or desirable for the management of assets and liabilities arising out of any transaction that may be entered into under this section.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-20, s. 23
- 1993, c. 26, s. 8
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1833
- Date modified: