Export Development Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. E-20)
- HTMLFull Document: Export Development Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Export Development Act [75 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Export Development Act [217 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2022-09-01. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Use of Corporation’s name or initials
24.2 (1) Except with the written consent of the Corporation, no person shall in any prospectus or advertisement, or for any other business purpose, use the following names and initials: “Export Development Canada”, “Exportation et développement Canada”, “Export Development Corporation”, “Société pour l’expansion des exportations”, “E.D.C.”, “EDC”, “S.E.E.” and “SEE”.
(2) A person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding $10,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months, or to both.
- 2001, c. 33, s. 12
Marginal note:Privileged information
24.3 (1) Subject to subsection (2), all information obtained by the Corporation in relation to its customers is privileged and a director, officer, employee or agent of, or adviser or consultant to, the Corporation must not knowingly communicate, disclose or make available the information, or permit it to be communicated, disclosed or made available.
Marginal note:Authorized disclosure
(2) Privileged information may be communicated, disclosed or made available
(a) for the purpose of the administration or enforcement of this Act and legal proceedings related to it;
(b) for the purpose of prosecuting an offence under this Act or any other Act of Parliament;
(c) to the Minister of National Revenue solely for the purpose of administering or enforcing the Excise Tax Act, the Income Tax Act or the Select Luxury Items Tax Act; or
(d) with the written consent of the person to whom the information relates.
- 2006, c. 9, s. 179
- 2022, c. 10, s. 146
25 (1) Five years after the coming into force of this section and every ten years thereafter, the Minister shall cause a review of the provisions and operation of this Act to be undertaken in consultation with the Minister of Finance.
Marginal note:Report to Parliament
(2) The Minister shall, within one year after causing a review to be undertaken pursuant to subsection (1), submit a report on the review to Parliament.
(3) Each report submitted to Parliament pursuant to subsection (2) shall be reviewed by such committee of the Senate and of the House of Commons or such joint committee as is designated or established for the purpose of reviewing such report.
- R.S., 1985, c. E-20, s. 25
- 1993, c. 26, s. 8
Marginal note:Minister for International Development
26 Before the Minister takes an action under this Act or Part X of the Financial Administration Act that is aimed at the Corporation’s carrying out its purpose under paragraph 10(1)(c), the Minister shall consult the Minister for International Development.
- 2015, c. 36, s. 85
- Date modified: