Marginal note:Verification of origin — certain agreements
97.201 (1) The customs administration of any state or beneficiary referred to in subsection 42.1(1.1) to which goods were exported may request in writing that the Agency conduct a verification and provide, as the case may be
(a) an opinion as to whether those goods are originating within the meaning of Annex C of CEFTA;
(b) a written report as to whether the goods are originating within the meaning of Chapter 3 of CUFTA; or
(c) a written report as to whether the goods are originating within the meaning of the Protocol on Rules of Origin and Origin Procedures of CETA.
Marginal note:Methods of verification
(2) Any officer, or any officer within a class of officers, designated by the President for the purposes of this section, or any person, or any person within a class of persons, designated by the President to act on behalf of such an officer, may, subject to any prescribed conditions, conduct a verification of origin of goods referred to in subsection (1)
(a) by entering any prescribed premises or place at any reasonable time; or
(b) in any other prescribed manner.
Marginal note:Statement of origin — certain agreements
(3) On completion of a verification of origin requested under subsection (1), an officer or other person designated under subsection (2) shall
(a) provide, in the prescribed manner, the customs administration of the state or beneficiary with the opinion or written report requested and any relevant supporting documents that may be requested by that customs administration; and
(b) determine whether the goods are originating within the meaning of the applicable provision referred to in subsection (1).
Marginal note:Notice requirement
(4) The President shall without delay give notice of a decision made under paragraph (3)(b), including the rationale on which the decision is made, to the exporter or producer of the goods, as the case may be, subject to the verification of origin.
Marginal note:Determination treated as re-determination
(5) A determination made under paragraph (3)(b) is to be treated for the purposes of this Act as if it were a re-determination under paragraph 59(1)(a).
- 2009, c. 6, s. 28
- 2017, c. 6, s. 84, c. 8, ss. 22, 43
- Date modified: