Marginal note:Power to make rules respecting case management
(a) for the determination of any matter that would assist the court in effective and efficient case management;
(b) permitting personnel of the court to deal with administrative matters relating to proceedings out of court if the accused is represented by counsel; and
(c) establishing case management schedules.
Marginal note:Compliance with directions
(2) The parties to a case shall comply with any direction made in accordance with a rule made under subsection (1).
Marginal note:Summons or warrant
(3) If rules are made under subsection (1), a court, justice or judge may issue a summons or warrant to compel the presence of the accused at case management proceedings.
Marginal note:Provisions to apply
(4) Section 512 and subsection 524(1) apply, with any modifications that the circumstances require, to the issuance of a summons or a warrant under subsection (3).
Marginal note:Approval of lieutenant governor in council
(5) Rules made under this section by a court referred to in subsection 482(2) must be approved by the lieutenant governor in council of the relevant province in order to come into force.
Marginal note:Subsections 482(4) and (5) to apply
(6) Subsections 482(4) and (5) apply, with any modifications that the circumstances require, to rules made under subsection (1).
- 2002, c. 13, s. 18
- Date modified: