155 (1) Every one commits incest who, knowing that another person is by blood relationship his or her parent, child, brother, sister, grandparent or grandchild, as the case may be, has sexual intercourse with that person.
(2) Every one who commits incest is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.
(3) No accused shall be determined by a court to be guilty of an offence under this section if the accused was under restraint, duress or fear of the person with whom the accused had the sexual intercourse at the time the sexual intercourse occurred.
Definition of brother and sister
(4) In this section, brother and sister, respectively, include half-brother and half-sister.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 155
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), s. 21
- Date modified: