Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency Act
Marginal note:Establishment of Board
18 (1) There is hereby established a board to be known as the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Board, consisting of the President and not more than seven other members appointed by the Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Minister to hold office during pleasure for a term not exceeding three years.
(2) The object of the Board is to assist the Agency in the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties and functions.
(3) The Board shall include persons from each province in Atlantic Canada.
(4) The President is the Chairperson of the Board, but in the event of the absence of the President, another member of the Board designated by the President shall act as chairperson of the Board.
Marginal note:Acting member
(5) In the event of the absence or incapacity of a member of the Board other than the President, the Minister may designate a person to act as a member, but no person may act as a member for a period exceeding ninety days without the approval of the Governor in Council.
(6) A member of the Board other than the President, on the expiration of a first term of office, is eligible to be re-appointed for one further term only.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses
(7) Each member of the Board, other than the President, is entitled to be paid, for each day on which the member attends a meeting of the Board and for services provided to the Agency other than at a meeting of the Board, such remuneration as may be fixed by the Governor in Council and shall be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by the member in the performance of duties and functions as such.
- R.S., 1985, c. 41 (4th Supp.), s. 18
- 1995, c. 29, s. 2
- Date modified: