21. (1) No person shall export to a Party operating under paragraph 1 of Article 5 of the Protocol a product that contains or is designed to contain any CFC, bromofluorocarbon, bromochlorodifluoromethane, tetrachloromethane or 1,1,1 trichloroethane without a permit issued under paragraph 33(1)(e).
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of fire extinguishing equipment that is to be used in aircraft, military ships or vehicles.
- SOR/2004-315, s. 17.
Restrictions on HCFCs
22. No person shall manufacture, use, sell, offer for sale or import any HCFC or any product that contains or is designed to contain any HCFC if the HCFC or the product is for a use for which a controlled substance has never been used in Canada.
- SOR/2004-315, s. 18.
23. (1) On or after July 1, 1999, no person shall manufacture or import a pressurized container that contains 2 kg or less of any HCFC.
(2) On or after January 1, 2000, no person shall offer for sale or sell a pressurized container that contains 2 kg or less of any HCFC.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply in respect of an HCFC or a product that is
(a) a mold release agent used in the production of plastic and elastomeric materials;
(b) a spinnerette lubricant or cleaning spray used in the production of synthetic fibres;
(c) a document preservation spray;
(d) fire extinguishing equipment used for non-residential applications;
(e) a wasp and hornet spray;
(f) a rigid foam product;
(g) a lubricant, coating or cleaning fluid for commercial use on electrical or electronic equipment or for aircraft maintenance, before January 1, 2001;
(h) refrigerant 412A(HCFC-22/HCFC-142b/octafluoropropane);
(i) refrigerant 5O9A (HCFC-22/octafluoropropane); or
(j) a pest control product before January 1, 2001 provided that the product was registered under the Pest Control Products Act before January 1, 1999.
(4) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply in respect of a product that is intended to be used as an animal or human health care product, including any bronchial dilator, inhalable steroid, topical anaesthetic and veterinary powder wound spray.
(5) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply in respect of an HCFC or a product that is used in a laboratory or for analysis or for the calibration of a leak detection system.
- SOR/2001-2, s. 13;
- SOR/2002-100, s. 4;
- SOR/2004-315, s. 19.
24. (1) On or after July 1, 1999, no person shall manufacture or import plastic foam in which any HCFC has been used as a foaming agent.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a product that is
(a) a rigid foam product; or
(b) a flexible polyurethane boardstock foam product.
- SOR/2001-2, s. 14.
- Date modified: