Canada Lands Surveyors Regulations
49. (1) A member of the Association, Canada Lands Surveyor or permit holder whose conduct is the subject of a hearing, and any other person who, in the opinion of the Discipline Committee, has knowledge bearing on the subject-matter, are compellable witnesses in the hearing.
(2) At a hearing, a witness may be examined under oath or affirmation on all matters relevant to the hearing.
(3) The attendance of a witness before the Discipline Committee and the production of documents may be enforced by a notice to attend or a notice for the production of documents, issued by the Registrar or by the chairperson of the Committee, that requires the witness to attend and states the date, time and place at which the witness is to attend and the documents, if any, that the witness is required to produce.
(4) A witness, other than the member of the Association, Canada Lands Surveyor or permit holder whose conduct is the subject of the hearing, who has been served with a notice to attend or a notice for the production of documents under subsection (3) is entitled to be paid the same fees that are payable to witnesses in an action before the Federal Court.
(5) Failure of a witness to attend or to produce any required documents makes the witness, on application by the Association to a court of competent jurisdiction, liable to be committed for contempt as if in breach of an order of that court.
- Date modified: