65. The manufacturer and the importer of a medical device shall, as soon as possible after the completion of a recall, each report to the Minister
(a) the results of the recall; and
(b) the action taken to prevent a recurrence of the problem.
65.1 (1) Despite sections 64 and 65, the manufacturer of a medical device may permit the importer of the device to prepare and submit, on the manufacturer’s behalf, the information and documents with respect to the recall if the information and documents that the manufacturer and importer must submit are identical.
(2) The manufacturer shall advise the Minister in writing if the manufacturer has permitted the importer to prepare and submit the information and documents with respect to the recall on the manufacturer’s behalf.
- SOR/2002-190, s. 6.
66. (1) Subject to section 68, the manufacturer of an implant shall provide, with the implant, two implant registration cards that contain
(a) the name and address of the manufacturer;
(b) the name and address of any person designated by the manufacturer for the collection of implant registration information;
(c) a notice advising the patient that the purpose of the cards is to enable the manufacturer to notify the patient of new information concerning the safety, effectiveness or performance of the implant, and any required corrective action; and
(d) a statement advising the patient to notify the manufacturer of any change of address.
(2) An implant registration card shall be designed for the recording of the following information:
(a) the name of the device, its control number and its identifier, including the identifier of any medical device that is part of a system, test kit, medical device group, medical device family or medical device group family;
(b) the name and address of the health care professional who carried out the implant procedure;
(c) the date on which the device was implanted;
(d) the name and address of the health care facility at which the implant procedure took place; and
(e) the patient’s name and address or the identification number used by the health care facility to identify the patient.
(3) The two implant registration cards referred to in subsection (1) shall be printed in both official languages; however, the manufacturer may choose to provide four cards, two in English and two in French.
67. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a member of the staff of the health care facility where an implant procedure takes place shall, as soon as possible after the completion of the procedure, enter the information required by subsection 66(2) on each implant registration card, give one card to the implant patient and forward one card to the manufacturer of the implant or the person designated pursuant to paragraph 66(1)(b).
(2) The patient’s name and address shall not be entered on the implant registration card forwarded to the manufacturer or person designated pursuant to paragraph 66(1)(b) except with the patient’s written consent.
(3) The health care facility, the manufacturer or the person designated pursuant to paragraph 66(1)(b) shall not disclose the patient’s name or address, or any information that might identify the patient, unless the disclosure is required by law.
- Date modified: