32. If a mesh size limit is specified in an order referred to in subsection 31(2), no person fishing in waters to which the order applies shall use a gill net that has a mesh size other than that specified in the order for those waters.
Notification of Quota Taken
33. (1) If a fishery officer has determined that a fishing quota for a species of fish set out in column 4 of an item of Part 1 or 2 of Schedule 8, in the waters set out in column 1 of that item, with the gear set out in column 2 of that item, has been or is about to be taken, the fishery officer shall give notice that the quota has been taken.
(2) The notice referred to in subsection (1) shall be given to the persons affected or likely to be affected by the notice by one or more of the methods listed in subsection 3(2).
34. No person shall fish for any species of fish in any waters set out in a notice given under subsection 33(1) with the type of gear specified in the notice.
35. The contravention of a provision of these Regulations set out in column 1 of an item of Schedule 9 is an offence to which section 79.7 of the Act applies and that may be described in tickets in the manner set out in column 2 of that item.
36. If proceedings are commenced under section 79.7 of the Act, the amount of the fine for an offence described in column 2 of an item of Schedule 9 is the amount set out in column 3 of that item.
Return to footnote 1SOR/87-153
COMING INTO FORCE
38. These Regulations come into force on April 23, 1998.
- Date modified: