Maintenance Personnel and Facilities
706.04 An air operator shall provide the person who is responsible for its maintenance control system with the staff, facilities, technical and regulatory data, supplies and spare parts referred to in the Commercial Air Service Standards that are necessary to ensure compliance with this Subpart.
Defect Rectification and Control Procedures
706.05 An air operator shall include in its maintenance control system the procedures referred to in the Commercial Air Service Standards for
(a) recording aircraft defects;
(b) ensuring that defects are rectified in accordance with the requirements of these Regulations;
(c) detecting defects that recur and identifying those defects as recurring defects; and
(d) subject to sections 605.09 and 605.10, scheduling the rectification of defects whose repair has been deferred.
Technical Dispatch Procedures
706.06 (1) An air operator shall include in its maintenance control system technical dispatch procedures to ensure that aircraft are not operated unless they are
(b) appropriately equipped, configured and maintained for their intended use; and
(c) maintained in accordance with the air operator’s maintenance control manual (MCM).
(2) Where an additional flight authority has been issued in respect of an aircraft pursuant to section 507.08, the technical dispatch procedures required by this section shall include procedures to control the use of that additional flight authority.
(3) Where an air operator has a fleet empty weight and balance control program approved in accordance with the Commercial Air Service Standards, the technical dispatch procedures required by this section shall include specific procedures that
(a) ensure the quality of the program by meeting the applicable requirements of the Commercial Air Service Standards; and
(b) ensure that accurate empty weight and balance data for each aircraft to which the program applies is provided to the flight crew of the aircraft, or is input into the program, prior to each flight.
Quality Assurance Program
706.07 (1) An air operator shall, in order to ensure that its maintenance control system and all of the included maintenance schedules continue to be effective and to comply with these Regulations, establish and maintain a quality assurance program that
(a) is under the sole control of the person responsible for the maintenance control system appointed under paragraph 706.03(1)(a); and
(b) meets the requirements of section 726.07 of Standard 726 — Air Operator Maintenance of the Commercial Air Service Standards.
(2) The person responsible for the maintenance control system shall distribute the records relating to the findings resulting from the quality assurance program to the appropriate manager for corrective action and follow-up in accordance with the policies and procedures specified in the maintenance control manual (MCM).
(3) The person responsible for the maintenance control system shall establish an audit system in respect of the quality assurance program that consists of the following:
(a) an initial audit within 12 months after the date on which the air operator certificate is issued;
(b) subsequent audits conducted at intervals set out in the MCM;
(c) a record of each occurrence of compliance or non-compliance with the MCM found during an audit referred to in paragraph (a) or (b);
(d) checklists of all activities controlled by the MCM and the maintenance schedules;
(e) procedures for ensuring that each finding of an audit is communicated to them and, if management functions have been assigned to another person under subsection 705.03(3) or (4), to that person;
(f) follow-up procedures for ensuring that corrective actions are effective; and
(g) a system for recording the findings of initial and periodic audits, corrective actions and follow-ups.
(4) The records required under paragraph (3)(g) shall be retained for the greater of
(a) two audit cycles; and
(b) two years.
(5) The duties related to the quality assurance program that involve specific tasks or activities within an air operator's activities shall be fulfilled by persons who are not responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities.
- SOR/2005-173, s. 26.
- Date modified: