Distribution of Company Operations Manual
704.122 (1) Subject to subsection (2), an air operator shall provide a copy of the appropriate parts of its company operations manual, including any amendments to those parts, to each of its crew members and to its ground operations and maintenance personnel.
(2) An air operator may place a copy of the appropriate parts of its company operations manual in each aircraft that it operates, instead of providing a copy to each crew member, if all amendments to the manual are included in the system for the dissemination of general operational information referred to in section 704.13.
(3) Every person who has been provided with a copy of the appropriate parts of a company operations manual pursuant to subsection (1) shall keep it up to date with the amendments provided and shall ensure that the appropriate parts are accessible when the person is performing assigned duties.
Aircraft Operating Manual
704.123 (1) An air operator may establish and maintain an aircraft operating manual for the use and guidance of crew members in the operation of its aircraft.
(2) An aircraft operating manual shall contain
(a) the aircraft operating procedures; and
(b) where the aircraft flight manual is not carried on board the aircraft, the aircraft performance data and limitations specified in the aircraft flight manual, which shall be clearly identified as aircraft flight manual requirements.
(3) An air operator that has established an aircraft operating manual shall ensure that a copy of the manual is carried on board each aircraft to which it relates.
Standard Operating Procedures
704.124 (1) Every air operator shall, for each of its aircraft that is required to be operated by two or more pilots, establish and maintain standard operating procedures that enable the crew members to operate the aircraft within the limitations specified in the aircraft flight manual and that meet the Commercial Air Service Standards.
(2) An air operator that has established standard operating procedures for an aircraft shall ensure that a copy of the standard operating procedures is carried on board the aircraft.
(3) Where an air operator has established an aircraft operating manual, the standard operating procedures for the aircraft shall form part of that manual.
Subpart 5 — Airline Operations
Division I — General
705.01 This Subpart applies in respect of the operation by a Canadian air operator, in an air transport service or in aerial work involving sightseeing operations, of any of the following aircraft:
(a) an aeroplane, other than an aeroplane authorized to operate under Subpart 4, that has a MCTOW of more than 8 618 kg (19,000 pounds) or for which a Canadian type certificate has been issued authorizing the transport of 20 or more passengers;
(b) a helicopter that has a seating configuration, excluding pilot seats, of 20 or more; or
(c) any aircraft that is authorized by the Minister to be operated under this Subpart.
705.02 No air operator shall operate an aircraft under this Subpart unless the air operator complies with the conditions and operations specifications in an air operator certificate issued to that operator by the Minister pursuant to section 705.07.
- Date modified: