573.07 (1) An approved maintenance organization (AMO) certificate holder shall establish, maintain and retain for at least two years after an entry is made, for each affected person, a record of
(a) all personal qualifications in respect of appointments made pursuant to section 573.03 and in respect of assignments of functions made pursuant to section 573.04;
(b) all of the authorizations to sign a maintenance release pursuant to section 573.05; and
(c) all of the training conducted pursuant to section 573.06.
(2) An AMO certificate holder shall provide a copy of a record required by this section to the person to whom the record refers on the completion of each training activity or the granting of an authorization referred to in paragraph (1)(b).
Facilities, Equipment, Standards and Procedures
573.08 (1) An approved maintenance organization (AMO) certificate holder shall provide the facilities and equipment specified in Standard 573—Approved Maintenance Organizations that are necessary for the work to be performed.
(2) Except in cases provided for in a maintenance policy manual (MPM), work performed by an AMO certificate holder shall be performed in the facilities required by subsection (1), unless unforeseen circumstances do not permit the work to be performed in those facilities and the safety of the aircraft is not affected by the fact that the work is performed elsewhere.
(3) Where an AMO uses standards equivalent to those of the manufacturer of an aeronautical product for the performance of work pursuant to paragraph 571.02(1)(b), those standards shall be identified in accordance with section 573.10.
(4) Where a task undertaken by an AMO is divided into sub-tasks, the person appointed pursuant to section 573.03 shall establish a system of task control to ensure that all of the sub-tasks are completed prior to the signing of a maintenance release in respect of the completion of that task.
- SOR/2005-173, s. 28.
Quality Assurance Program
573.09 (1) The holder of an approved maintenance organization (AMO) certificate shall establish and maintain a quality assurance program consisting of provisions for sampling maintenance processes to evaluate the AMO's ability to perform its maintenance in a safe manner.
(2) The person responsible for maintenance shall ensure that records relating to the findings resulting from the quality assurance program are distributed to the appropriate manager for corrective action and follow-up in accordance with the policies and procedures specified in the maintenance policy manual (MPM).
(3) The person responsible for maintenance shall establish an audit system in respect of the quality assurance program that consists of the following:
(a) an initial audit within 12 months after the date on which the AMO certificate is issued;
(b) subsequent audits conducted at intervals set out in the MPM;
(c) checklists of all activities controlled by the MPM;
(d) a record of each occurrence of compliance or non-compliance with the MPM found during an audit referred to in paragraph (a) or (b);
(e) procedures for ensuring that each finding of an audit is communicated to them and, if management functions have been assigned to another person under subsection 573.04(4) or (5), to that person;
(f) follow-up procedures for ensuring that corrective actions are effective; and
(g) a system for recording the findings of initial and periodic audits, corrective actions and follow-ups.
(4) The records required under paragraph (3)(g) shall be retained for the greater of
(a) two audit cycles; and
(b) two years.
(5) The duties related to the quality assurance program that involve specific tasks or activities within an AMO's activities shall be fulfilled by persons who are not responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities.
- SOR/2005-173, s. 19.
- Date modified: