Quality Assurance Program
406.47 (1) The holder of an operator certificate issued in respect of a flight training unit that operates an aeroplane or a helicopter shall, in order to ensure that its maintenance control system and all of the included maintenance schedules continue to be effective and to comply with these Regulations, establish and maintain a quality assurance program that
(a) is under the sole control of
(i) the person responsible for the maintenance control system appointed under paragraph 406.19(1)(a), or
(ii) the person to whom the management functions for the program have been assigned under subsection 406.36(2); and
(b) meets the requirements of section 426.47 of the personnel licensing standards.
(2) The person responsible for the maintenance control system shall ensure that records relating to the findings resulting from the quality assurance program are distributed to the appropriate manager for corrective action and follow-up in accordance with the policies and procedures specified in the maintenance control manual (MCM).
(3) The person responsible for the maintenance control system shall establish an audit system in respect of a quality assurance program that consists of the following:
(a) an initial audit within 12 months after the date on which the flight training unit operator certificate is issued;
(b) subsequent audits conducted at intervals set out in the MCM;
(c) a record of each occurrence of compliance or non-compliance with the MCM found during an audit referred to in paragraph (a) or (b);
(d) procedures for ensuring that each finding of an audit is communicated to them and, if management functions have been assigned to another person under subsection 406.36(2) or (3), to that person;
(e) follow-up procedures for ensuring that corrective actions are effective; and
(f) a system for recording the findings of initial and periodic audits, corrective actions and follow-ups.
(4) The records required under paragraph (3)(f) shall be retained for the greater of
(a) two audit cycles; and
(b) two years.
(5) If a flight training unit that operates an aeroplane or a helicopter is also the holder of an approved maintenance organization (AMO) certificate issued under section 573.02, the person responsible for the quality assurance program of the flight training unit under paragraph (1)(a) shall be the person responsible for the quality assurance program of the AMO.
(6) The duties related to the quality assurance program that involve specific tasks or activities within a flight training unit's activities shall be fulfilled by persons who are not responsible for carrying out those tasks or activities.
- SOR/2005-173, s . 13.
Division V — Flight Training Operations
Operational Control System
406.50 No flight training unit that conducts flight training in accordance with a flight training operations manual that has been approved by the Minister shall operate an aircraft unless the flight training unit has an operational control system that meets the personnel licensing standards and is under the control of its chief flight instructor.
- SOR/2006-352, s. 23.
- Date modified: