70. (1) With the exception of sequence listings, tables and chemical and mathematical formulae, all text matter in documents forming part of the description or the claims shall be at least 1 1/2 line spaced.
(2) All text matter shall be in characters the capital letters of which are not less than 0.21 cm high.
71. (1) The Commissioner shall refuse to take cognizance of any document submitted to the Commissioner that is not in the English or French language unless the applicant submits to the Commissioner a translation of the document into one of those languages.
(2) If the applicant provides a translation of a document into either English or French in accordance with subsection (1) and the Commissioner has reasonable grounds to believe that the translation is not accurate, the Commissioner shall requisition the applicant to provide either
(a) a statement by the translator to the effect that, to the best of the translator’s knowledge, the translation is complete and faithful, or
(b) a new translation together with a statement by the translator to the effect that, to the best of the translator’s knowledge, the new translation is complete and faithful.
(3) The text matter of the abstract, the description, the drawings and the claims, individually and all together, shall be wholly in English or wholly in French.
- SOR/2007-90, s. 15.
72. The petition, the abstract, the description, the drawings and the claims shall each commence on a new page.
73. (1) The pages of the description and the claims shall be numbered consecutively.
(2) The page numbers shall be centered at the top or bottom of the sheet, but shall not be placed in the margin.
74. (1) The petition, the abstract, the description and the claims shall not contain drawings.
(2) The abstract, the description and the claims may contain chemical or mathematical formulae or the like.
75. (1) Subject to subsection (2), each page of a document shall be used upright.
(2) Where it aids in presentation, drawings, tables and chemical or mathematical formulae may be presented sideways with the top of the drawings, tables or formulae at the left side of the sheet.
76. Any trade-mark mentioned in the application shall be identified as such.
77. The petition shall follow the form and the instructions for its completion set out in Form 3 of Schedule I to the extent that the provisions of the form and the instructions are applicable.
- SOR/2007-90, s. 16;
- SOR/2009-319, s. 8.
- Date modified: