16. Where a topography contains confidential information and has not been commercially exploited at the filing date of an application, the application may contain, instead of the material referred to in section 14,
(a) the topography design data in printed form, of which up to 50 per cent may be blocked out; and
(b) a composite drawing or photograph of the topography, on which up to 50 per cent of each layer of the topography is blocked out.
17. Any topography design data in printed form or integrated circuit products shall be filed at the time of or subsequent to the filing of the other material referred to in section 14, 15 or 16 and on or before the date of registration of the topography.
18. All material filed pursuant to section 14, 15, 16 or 17 shall be identified by a title consisting of letters of the Roman alphabet, Arabic numerals or a combination thereof.
19. All material filed pursuant to section 14, 15 or 16 and all topography design data in printed form referred to in section 17 shall be in a storable size, either folded or otherwise, and shall be
(a) not more than 21.5 cm x 28 cm (8½ inches x 11 inches); or
(b) in A4 format.
AMENDMENT OF APPLICATION
20. (1) Subject to subsection (2), an applicant may, at any time prior to the registration of a topography, on submitting any necessary information and material and on payment of the applicable fee set out in the schedule, request that the Registrar amend the applicant’s application.
(2) The Registrar shall not make any amendment to an application that would substantially alter the topography to which the application relates.
21. In addition to the information required by the Act to be entered in the register, the Registrar shall enter in the register
(a) all information filed pursuant to section 13; and
(b) all material filed pursuant to section 14, 15, 16 or 17.
AMENDMENT OF REGISTER
22. For the purposes of paragraph 21(2)(c) of the Act, the Registrar may amend the register to reflect any change in the name or address of a representative for service.
CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
23. A certificate of registration issued in respect of a topography shall include, in addition to the particulars required by subsection 19(2) of the Act, the following particulars:
(a) the name and address of the registered owner of the topography;
(b) the title of the topography;
(c) a description of the nature or function of the topography;
(d) where the topography has been commercially exploited, the date on which and place at which the topography was first commercially exploited;
(e) the date of registration of the topography; and
(f) the registration number of the topography.
- Date modified: