58. No association shall refuse a claim for payment or a refund on a mutilated or torn ticket where the ticket can be identified to the satisfaction of an officer as a winning ticket.
59. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 25]
60. (1) Where a person makes a complaint respecting pari-mutuel betting to an association, the association shall immediately make out a complaint report, setting out
(a) the name of the complainant;
(b) the nature of the complaint;
(c) the name of the person, if any, against whom the complaint is made;
(d) the date of the complaint; and
(e) the action taken or proposed to be taken, if any, by the association.
(2) An association shall give every complaint report to an officer within forty-eight hours after the complaint has been made.
61. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 26]
62. An association shall maintain a current list of the names of all personnel with access to the pari-mutuel department and shall provide the list to an officer on request.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 26.
63. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person on the list referred to in section 62 shall, while that person is inside the pari-mutuel department,
(a) place a bet or come into possession of a ticket; or
(b) sell a ticket to or cash a ticket from a person who is not on the public side of the betting window.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to an on-track messenger employed by an association to place bets on behalf of persons attending at the race-course.
(3) No association shall open an account for a person who is assigned to the association’s telephone account betting system.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 27.
64. (1) An association shall determine shortages and overages by comparing the actual amount of money turned in by each teller or terminal, as the case may be, with receipts in respect of cash draws and returns and records of the value of all bets made, cancelled, cashed and refunded and vouchers sold and cashed.
(2) Subject to section 65, no association shall offset a shortage by an overage.
(3) [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 28]
- SOR/2011-169, s. 28.
- Date modified: