44. [Repealed, SOR/2011-158, s. 4]
45. [Repealed, SOR/2011-158, s. 4]
46. [Repealed, SOR/2011-158, s. 4]
47. [Repealed, SOR/2011-158, s. 4]
48. [Repealed, SOR/2011-158, s. 4]
49. [Repealed, SOR/2011-169, s. 20]
50. An association shall permit an officer unrestricted access at all times to its facilities and equipment and to all books, ledgers, accounts, documents and records of the association that relate to pari-mutuel betting.
PARI-MUTUEL BETTING OPERATIONS
Requirements Respecting Pari-mutuel Betting Operations
51. (1) No association shall conduct pari-mutuel betting on races that are not held in accordance with the applicable rules of racing.
(2) No association shall offer a type of bet that is not expressly authorized under its permit.
(3) The Executive Director may set out terms and conditions in the association’s permit governing each type of bet.
(4) Where a bet is made in foreign currency, the value of the bet for the purposes of calculating the applicable deductions and pay-out prices shall be determined by converting the foreign currency into Canadian currency at the rate of exchange between the Canadian dollar and that foreign currency as quoted by the Bank of Canada at noon on the day immediately preceding the day on which the post time of the first race of the racing card is scheduled.
- SOR/93-255, s. 3;
- SOR/95-262, s. 4.
52. (1) An officer or an association may cancel a type of bet on a race, or on a horse, entry or mutuel field in the race, before betting begins on that race.
(2) Subject to subsections (3) and (4), no association shall, after betting has begun on a race, refuse to accept bets on a horse, entry or mutuel field in the race.
(3) No association shall conduct pari-mutuel betting on a horse, entry or mutuel field that is
(a) a late scratch;
(b) added to a race after betting has begun; or
(c) removed from the pari-mutuel system for any period of time during which the betting has been opened for that race.
(4) No association shall conduct pari-mutuel betting on a race or on a horse, entry or mutuel field in a race if an officer has ordered that betting be stopped.
- SOR/2011-169, s. 21.
- Date modified: