14. [Repealed, SOR/2008-322, s. 8]
Use and Possession of Fish for Bait
15. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), no person shall use for bait or have in the person’s possession for use as bait any fish.
(2) A person may possess, in places where it is authorized, live or dead fish for use as bait during a specified period.
(3) No person shall fish using for bait a species of fish listed in Schedule 4.
- SOR/93-118, s. 6;
- SOR/94-392, s. 4;
- SOR/95-496, s. 6;
- SOR/97-203, s. 4;
- SOR/98-218, s. 4;
- SOR/99-264, s. 7;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 6;
- SOR/2005-269, ss. 5, 49;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 9.
15.1 [Repealed, SOR/95-496, s. 7]
Release of Fish
16. Every person who catches a fish
(a) at a time or place where fishing for that fish is prohibited,
(b) by a method or with fishing gear the use of which is prohibited for that fish,
(c) the possession or retention of which is prohibited,
(d) that is an Atlantic salmon, and that is hooked or pierced in any part of the body other than the mouth,
(e) under the licence referred to in paragraph 1(d) or (i) of Part 1 of Schedule 5, or
(f) in the case of an Atlantic salmon, under the licence referred to in paragraph 2(c) or (f) of Part 1 of Schedule 5,
shall without delay return the fish to the waters in which it was caught and, if the fish is alive, release it in a manner that causes the least harm to the fish.
- SOR/93-118, s. 8;
- SOR/2003-176, s. 5;
- SOR/2004-64, s. 1(E);
- SOR/2008-322, ss. 10, 34.
16.1 Every person who voluntarily releases a fish caught during a period when the retention of such a fish is authorized shall do so in a manner that causes the least harm to the fish.
- SOR/2008-322, s. 11.
Spoilage of Fish
17. No person who catches and retains a fish suitable for human consumption shall let the fish spoil.
Shipment of Fish
18. (1) Subject to subsection (2), if the sale of fish of a species is prohibited by provincial legislation, no person shall ship out of the Province any fish of that species that is caught by sport fishing.
(2) A person may take out of the Province fish that the person has caught or been given.
- SOR/95-496, s. 8;
- SOR/99-264, s. 8.
Issue of Licences and Tags
19. The Minister or a Director may issue
(a) a licence referred to in Part 1 of Schedule 5 on receipt of an application; and
(b) a licence referred to in column 1 of Part 2 of Schedule 5 on receipt of an application and payment of the applicable fee set out in column 2.
- SOR/93-118, s. 9;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 7;
- SOR/2003-176, s. 6;
- SOR/2005-269, s. 52;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 12.
- Date modified: