32. Subject to section 29, no person who is engaged in sport fishing shall, for the purpose of landing a fish, use
(a) any net other than a landing net;
(b) a tailer that exceeds 2 m in length;
(c) a spring gaff; or
(d) in the case of Atlantic salmon, any gaff.
- SOR/2008-322, ss. 21, 34.
Fishing Location Restrictions
33. (1) No person shall engage in sport fishing from
(a) a bridge crossing a salmon river or an estuary thereof; or
(b) a motor boat in the waters of Saint-Jean River Wildlife Sanctuary or in that part of Matapédia-and-Patapédia-Rivers Wildlife Sanctuary between Causapscal River and the falls downstream from the Richard Salmon Pool situated near the boundary between Bonaventure and Matapédia counties.
(2) No person shall engage in sport fishing from a boat or from any other floating apparatus in the waters of the Sainte-Anne River wildlife sanctuary or of the Cap-Chat River, Dartmouth River, Matane River or Petit-Saguenay River controlled zones.
- SOR/93-118, s. 14;
- SOR/94-392, s. 8;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 11;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 22(F).
34. No person shall fish in any salmon river during the period beginning one hour after sunset and ending one hour before sunrise other than from December 1 to the Thursday preceding the fourth Friday in April in places where and during periods when fishing for smelt is authorized.
- SOR/91-141, s. 1;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 12;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 23.
35. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person engaged in sport fishing shall catch and retain in any one day from the waters set out in an item of Schedule 2 more fish of a species set out in that item than the daily fishing quota set out in that item.
(2) No person shall, in any one day,
(a) subject to section 36, catch and retain more Atlantic salmon referred to in Schedule 2 from a salmon river set out in Schedule 6 than the highest daily fishing quota set out in Schedule 2 for that river; or
(b) catch and release more Atlantic salmon referred to in Schedule 2 from a salmon river set out in Schedule 6 than the highest daily fishing quota set out in Schedule 2 for that river.
(3) For the purposes of subsections (1) and (2), fish caught and retained by a person referred to in paragraph 5(3)(a), (b) or (c) or, in the case of Atlantic salmon, fish caught and released by that person shall be counted as fish caught by the holder of the licence.
(4) For the purposes of subsections (1) and (2), fish caught and retained or Atlantic salmon caught and released in waters adjacent to waters set out in Schedules 1 and 6 shall be counted as fish from the waters set out in those Schedules.
- SOR/91-141, s. 2;
- SOR/91-336, s. 2;
- SOR/93-118, s. 15;
- SOR/94-392, s. 9;
- SOR/97-203, s. 10;
- SOR/98-218, s. 7;
- SOR/99-264, s. 17;
- SOR/2001-51, s. 13;
- SOR/2003-176, s. 11;
- SOR/2005-269, s. 7;
- SOR/2008-322, s. 23.
- Date modified: