5. No producer shall sell vegetables except to or through the Commodity Board.
PAYMENT TO PRODUCERS
6. (1) The Commodity Board may conduct pools for the distribution of all monies received from the sale of vegetables.
(2) The Commodity Board shall, after deducting all necessary and proper disbursements and expenses and after making such allowances for reserves as may be approved by The Manitoba Natural Products Marketing Council, distribute the remainder of the monies received from the sale of such vegetables in such manner that each producer receives a share thereof relative to the quantity, quality, variety, grade, class or size of the vegetables delivered by the producer.
(3) The Commodity Board may make an initial payment on delivery of the vegetables and subsequent payments until the remainder of the monies received from the sale is distributed.
7. (1) No person shall sell or transport or have in his possession for sale or transportation any vegetables unless they are packed in a container and a marketing tag is attached to
(a) the container, where the vegetables are packed in a single container; or
(b) the outermost container, where the vegetables are packed in two or more containers.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of a quantity of vegetables transported in bulk by a person pursuant to a direction of the Commodity Board.
8. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no producer shall transport vegetables or deliver vegetables for transport unless the Commodity Board has issued a delivery order to the producer for the vegetables.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a producer who delivers vegetables for transport to a person retained by the Commodity Board to transport vegetables.
9. For the purposes of subsections 28(1) and (2) of the Plan, the J.R. Simplot Company is designated as an exempt manufacturer in respect of potatoes sold to the J.R. Simplot Company for use in manufacturing at its plant in Grand Forks, North Dakota, U.S.A., pursuant to the terms of a written contract of purchase and sale entered into by the J.R. Simplot Company and the producer of the potatoes before the planting of the seeds used to produce the potatoes, if those potatoes are used by the J.R. Simplot Company in manufacturing at that plant.
- Date modified: