Television Broadcasting Regulations, 1987
10. (1) Subject to any condition of licence, a licensee shall
(a) keep, in a form acceptable to the Commission, a program log or a machine readable record of its programming;
(b) retain the log or record for a period of one year after the date when the programming was broadcast; and
(c) cause to be entered in the log or record each day the following information:
(i) the date,
(ii) the call letters, location and channel of the licensee’s station,
(iii) the time at which each station identification announcement is made,
(iv) the time of commencement of advertising material, its duration and, in the case of a commercial message, the name of the person selling or promoting goods, services, natural resources or activities, and
(v) in relation to each program broadcast,
(A) its title and any additional information that is to be included by the appropriate subitem of Schedule I,
(B) subject to subsection (4), the key figure set out in Schedule I describing the program,
(C) the time at which the program begins and ends,
(D) the code set out in Schedule II indicating the language, type or group, as applicable, and
(E) where applicable, the code set out in Schedule II indicating a closed captioned program.
(2) The times required to be entered pursuant to subparagraphs (1)(c)(iii) and (iv) and clause (1)(c)(v)(C) are local times.
(3) A licensee shall furnish to the Commission, within 30 days after the end of each month, the program log or machine readable record of the licensee for that month, together with a certificate signed by or on behalf of the licensee attesting to the accuracy of the contents of the log or record.
(4) Where more than one subitem of Schedule I applies to a program, a licensee may, in respect of that program, cause to be entered in its program log or machine readable record
(a) the key figures indicating the subitems that apply to each segment of the program, in the order in which the segments are broadcast; and
(b) the start time and duration of each segment of the program.
(5) A licensee shall retain a clear and intelligible audio-visual recording of all of its programming
(a) for four weeks from the date of broadcast; or
(b) where the Commission receives a complaint from any person regarding programming or for any other reason wishes to investigate it and so notifies the licensee before the expiration of the period referred to in paragraph (a), for eight weeks from the date of the broadcast.
(6) Where, before the expiry of the applicable period referred to in subsection (5), the Commission requests from a licensee a clear and intelligible audio or audiovisual recording of its programming, the licensee shall furnish it to the Commission forthwith.
(7) Where a program is broadcast during reserved time by a station operator who operates as part of a television network, subsection (5) applies only to the network operator.
(8) This section does not apply to the licensee of a remote station where logging or record-keeping requirements are set out in a condition of licence.
- SOR/87-425, s. 2;
- SOR/94-220, s. 4;
- SOR/2000-237, s. 4.
- Date modified: