79. No person shall have in his possession any salmon that is less than 30 cm in length.
- SOR/93-61, s. 28(F).
80. No person shall fish for salmon
(a) by any means other than a gill net or trap net; or
(b) with a gill net or trap net that contains monofilament in the netting.
81. (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall fish for salmon in Salmon Fishing Areas 1 to 14 with a gill net or trap net that has a mesh size less than 127 mm.
(2) No person shall fish for salmon
(a) in the waters of St. George’s Bay, in Salmon Fishing Area 13, or
(b) in waters contiguous to the south coast of the Province of Newfoundland from Cape Pine to Terrenceville, including the waters of
(i) St. Mary’s Bay,
(ii) Placentia Bay, and
(iii) Fortune Bay contiguous to the Burin Peninsula
with a gill net or trap net that has a mesh size less than 114 mm.
82. (1) No person shall fish for salmon in Salmon Fishing Areas 1 to 14 with
(a) a gill net that exceeds 183 m in length or that is less than 45 m in length; or
(b) a trap net that exceeds 183 m in length measured from the back of the trap to the outer end of the leader.
(2) No person shall fish for salmon with a trap net in that portion of Conception Bay, Newfoundland (Longer Gulch, Bradbury’s Bight area) in Salmon Fishing Area 7 that is enclosed by the eastern shore of Conception Bay and straight lines joining the following points in the order in which they are listed:
Point North Latitude West Longitude 1. 47°42′ 52°50′55″ 2. 47°42′ 53°00′00″ 3. 47°45′ 53°00′00″ 4. 47°45′ 52°49′24″
83. No person shall fish for salmon with a drift net except in
(a) that portion of Salmon Fishing Area 16 (Miramichi Bay) enclosed by the coastline of New Brunswick and
(i) a line joining Latitude 47°26′N., Longitude 64°53′12″W. (pointe à Barreau) to Latitude 47°04′24″N., Longitude 64°21′45″W., thence to Latitude 47°00′48″N., Longitude 64°49′40″W. (Eel River), and
(ii) a straight line joining Latitude 47°04′30″N., Longitude 64°48′W. (Escuminac) to Latitude 47°15′23″N., Longitude 65°03′18′W. (Lower Neguac);
(b) that portion of Salmon Fishing Area 22 (Minas Basin) inside of a straight line joining Latitude 45°20′N., Longitude 64°30′W. (Cape Split) to Latitude 45°22′N., Longitude 64°23′W. (Cape Sharp);
(c) that portion of Salmon Fishing Area 23 (Shepody Bay) inside of a straight line joining Latitude 45°43′40″N., Longitude 64°33′15″W. (Cape Maringouin) to Latitude 45°43′N., Longitude 64°39′W. (Marys Point); or
(d) that portion of Salmon Fishing Area 23 (Saint John River) inside a straight line joining Latitude 45°12′N., Longitude 65°55′W. (Cape Spencer) and Latitude 45°04′N., Longitude 66°27′W. (Point Lepreau).
- SOR/93-61, s. 29(E).
- Date modified: