TARIFF TO DEFINE RATE AREA BOUNDARIES
8. A base-rate, locality-rate or any other rate area, within which uniform charges are applied for local exchange telephone services, shall be clearly defined in tariffs by a map or clear description of the boundaries of such an area.
TARIFF TO SPECIFY EXTENT OF EXTENDED-AREA SERVICE
9. Where an exchange has extended-area service with other exchanges, the tariffs shall specify the extent of that service and any weighting factors employed in the calculation of rates for that service.
10. (1) The following reference marks shall be used in tariffs only to indicate changes in the rates, charges or in the wording of tariffs:
♦ or (A)— to denote increases; or (R)— to denote reductions; ▲ or
- (C)—to denote changes in wording where neither an increase nor reductions in rates or charges results therefrom;
● or (NC)— to denote no change in rates or charges; * or (N)— to denote new rates or charges; ☐ or (S)— to denote reissued matter.
(2) The reference marks set out in subsection (1) shall be so placed in the text of a tariff to indicate as nearly as possible where the actual change in a rate, charge or in the wording of the tariff occurred.
INSPECTION OF TARIFFS
11. (1) Subject to subsection (2), every regulated company shall deposit and keep on file at each of its business offices a copy of each of its tariffs.
(2) Where a tariff contains a number of individual exchange tariffs, only the portion of the tariff relating to a particular exchange is required to be deposited and kept on file at the office of the regulated company located at that exchange.
(3) Every regulated company shall deposit and keep on file at its business offices in at least two principal cities within the service area of the company a complete set of each of its tariffs.
(4) All tariffs shall be available for inspection by the public at the business offices of every regulated company during business hours.
(5) At each business office where tariffs are kept on file as required by this section, the person in charge at that office shall, on request,
(a) produce any tariff on file for inspection;
(b) arrange to provide single copies of up to 10 tariff pages at no charge; and
(c) arrange to provide copies of any other tariff pages at a reasonable charge.
- Date modified: