CONTENTS OF TARIFFS
5. (1) Subject to subsection (2), the tariffs of every regulated company shall contain a full and complete index of contents by subject-matter that shows, in alphabetical order, the exact location of information and that specifies the page and item numbers applicable.
(2) Where the title page or interior arrangement of a tariff plainly discloses its contents, the index of contents may be omitted.
(3) Every page of a tariff shall show
(a) above a horizontal line near the top of the page in the upper left corner, the full name of the regulated company issuing the tariff and, in the upper right corner, the number of the tariff in bold type;
(b) below a horizontal line near the bottom of the page, in the lower left corner, the date of the filing of the application for approval of the particular tariff page, and in the lower right corner, the effective date; and
(c) centred at the bottom of the page, a reference to the appropriate Commission Telecom. Order or Decision, for example:
“Approved in CRTC Telecom. Order 78-43, January 16, 1978”, or “Authority: Telecom. Decision CRTC 78-7, August 10, 1978”.
(4) The general regulations of a regulated company, setting out the terms and conditions subject to which the company furnishes to the public the service and equipment described in its approved tariffs on file with the Commission, shall be included at the beginning of the General Tariff published by that company.
(5) Where no General Tariff is published, the general regulations referred to in subsection (4) shall be included in one of the approved tariffs of the regulated company and all other approved tariffs shall contain a reference by CRTC number to the tariff in which such general regulations are published.
(6) In each tariff, the rules or other governing provisions of the regulated company shall be stated in explicit terms with the title or subject of each in distinctive type, and shall include a reference to any other tariff that may be applicable.
(7) Terms and expressions used in a tariff may be defined in a separate alphabetical list, which definitions shall govern all items in the tariff, unless a particular item in the tariff provides otherwise.
(8) Where the definitions set out in the alphabetical list referred to in subsection (7) are intended to govern the meaning of the terms and expressions used in other tariffs, the other tariffs shall refer to that tariff by CRTC number.
INDEX OF TARIFFS
6. Every regulated company shall publish as a tariff a complete index of approved tariffs and agreements in effect, divided into three sections, as follows:
(a) a complete numerical list of its own tariffs numbered as required by subsection 4(3);
(b) a complete descriptive list of the tariffs of other companies that it uses to determine rates and charges for service over any continuous route operated jointly with the other companies;
(c) a complete descriptive list of approved agreements in effect that have been entered into with other companies.
PAGINATION OF TARIFFS
7. (1) The title page of each tariff shall be designated in the upper right corner as “Original Title Page” and each page thereafter shall be consecutively numbered immediately under the CRTC number of the tariff in the top right corner as “Original Page 1”, “Original Page 2” and so on.
(2) In the case of tariffs of 10 or more pages, revised check pages shall be issued monthly by a regulated company to list the revision number in effect for each page of the tariffs.
(3) In the case of tariffs of less than 10 pages, revised check pages shall be issued quarterly by a regulated company to list the revision number in effect for each page of the tariffs.
(4) Amendments to tariffs shall be made by reprinting the page of the tariff, designating it as a revised page and noting the revision effected, for example,
”1st Revised Page 1,
Cancels Original Page 1”
”2nd Revised Page 1,
Cancels 1st Revised Page 1”
(5) Any additional page inserted within the series of pages comprising a tariff shall be given the same number as the page it follows and be consecutively numbered as “Original Page 1A”, “Original Page 1B” and so on.
(6) Pages added beyond the original series of pages comprising a tariff shall be consecutively numbered in continuation of that series as “Original Page ...” and so on.
(7) Where tariff matter is transferred from one page to another, both pages shall contain a cross-reference to indicate the page on which the tariff matter formerly appeared and the page to which it has been transferred, but the cross-reference shall not be carried forward in a revision of those pages.
- Date modified: