33. to 33.2 [Repealed, SOR/86-23, s. 4]
34. (1) No person shall fish for, take, catch or kill or attempt to fish for, take, catch or kill eels without a licence issued for that purpose, except by angling.
(2) A licence issued pursuant to subsection (1) may authorize
(a) the use of eel pots to take or kill eels in inland waters;
(b) the use of nets or trap nets to take or kill eels during the period commencing on August 15 and ending on November 30 in such inland waters as are specified in the licence; or
(c) the use of spears to take or kill eels during the period commencing on November 1 in any year and ending on March 31 in such inland waters as are specified in the licence.
35. No person shall, while fishing for eels, use nets or trap nets in a manner that, in the opinion of a fishery officer, would interfere with or impede the passage of any fish ascending inland waters to spawn.
- SOR/93-63, s. 10(F).
36. No person shall take by fishing or buy, sell or export from the province any eel that is less than 20 cm in length except as authorized by, and in accordance with, a licence.
- SOR/80-435, s. 10.
37. to 39. [Repealed, SOR/86-23, s. 5]
40. [Repealed, SOR/84-323, s. 13]
Trout and Char
41. No person shall fish for, take, catch or kill trout or char with a gill net or trap net the web of which or any portion thereof contains monofilament in single or multiple strands.
42. No person shall fish for, take, catch or kill or attempt to fish for, take, catch or kill trout or char by any means in any waters of Insular Newfoundland otherwise than by angling.
42.1 Subject to subsection 10(4) and section 11, no person shall fish for or catch and retain salmon by means of a net unless that person is the holder of a limited fishery licence issued for that purpose pursuant to the Atlantic Fishery Registration and Licensing Regulations.
- SOR/84-565, s. 3.
43. to 46. [Repealed, SOR/86-23, s. 6]
47. to 50. [Repealed, SOR/81-731, s. 3]
51. to 54. [Repealed, SOR/86-23, s. 7]
Cod and Salmon Berth Licensing
55. (1) For the purposes of this section and sections 55.1 to 63.2, the areas set out in Schedules IX and X are hereby established as Salmon Fishery Areas and Cod Fishery Areas.
(2) Any Salmon Fishery Area or Cod Fishery Area may contain one or more berths.
- SOR/81-731, s. 6;
- SOR/82-177, s. 1.
- Date modified: