3. Except for this section and sections 2, 8, 21, 24.1, 29, 36 and 41, these Regulations do not apply with respect to fishing and related activities carried out under the authority of a licence issued under the Aboriginal Communal Fishing Licences Regulations.
- SOR/2002-225, s. 3.
4. [Repealed, SOR/84-323, s. 3]
5. to 6.1 [Repealed, SOR/93-63, s. 2]
7. and 7.1 [Repealed, SOR/86-23, s. 2]
8. Where a person has set fishing gear in any waters of the Province, he shall not leave that gear unattended for a period of more than three consecutive days, excluding the date of the setting of the gear, unless prevented from attending the gear by circumstances beyond his control.
- SOR/84-323, s. 7.
9. [Repealed, SOR/84-58, s. 1]
10. (1) Subject to subsection (4) and section 11, no person shall fish for, catch or kill or attempt to fish for, catch or kill any fish in any inland waters other than by angling.
(2) No person shall jig, net, sweep, rake or willfully foul hook or attempt to jig, net, sweep, rake or foul hook fish in inland waters and any fish accidentally foul hooked shall be released.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to the use of a gaff, tailer or landing net in landing a fish.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), the Inuit and Indians in Labrador may catch and take fish for food at any time in inland waters by means of nets, traps or spears but such fish shall not be sold or used for any commercial purpose.
(5) No Inuit or Indian in Labrador shall in inland waters set
(a) a net or nets that, in the aggregate, exceed 46 m in overall length at any one time, or
(b) a net unless the net has attached thereto a piece of wood or metal on which the name of the operator is legibly marked and readily visible without raising the net from the water.
- SOR/79-281, s. 2;
- SOR/80-435, s. 4.
11. [Repealed, SOR/93-63, s. 3]
12. Subject to subsection 10(4), no person shall have in his possession a net or trawl near any inland water unless he has a licence authorizing him to use a net or trawl in inland waters.
13. No person shall angle in, or have angling gear that is in readiness for fishing within 15 m of any waters set out in column I of an item of Schedule III during the close time set out in column II of that item.
- SOR/79-281, s. 3;
- SOR/79-610, s. 1;
- SOR/80-435, s. 5;
- SOR/84-323, s. 9;
- SOR/84-565, s. 2;
- SOR/85-743, s. 1;
- SOR/87-312, s. 1;
- SOR/2003-338, s. 4;
- SOR/2010-173, s. 2.
- Date modified: